Monday, May 28, 2007

Fabric Comes and Goes

So when I moved last August, I vowed not to buy anymore fabric unless I ABSOLUTELY needed it. Someday when I have a settled home I will be allowed to buy more, but since I'm young and rather transitory, moving sweater box after sweater box of fabric every year or two just gets old.

Starting NOW I am really not going to buy anymore fabric. But since last August I can't really say I'm stuck to my resolution. Here's all the fabric I've bought in the last few months, which just keeps piling up on this chair since I have nowhere else to put it...

fabricaquisitions

Ummm...oops.

Well a crafty friend of mine had a birthday last week, and I suspect that she is getting into quilting (or maybe I just WANT her to get into quilting, heh heh...) so I decided to make her a gift package of fabric culled from my stash. It seems like a good way to thin the ranks in my stash as well as spread the quilty love - now I just hope she likes it! Here's what she's getting:

fabricgift

I'm also including "Quilts from the Quiltmaker's Gift" since it has really good instructions and lots of great basic patterns, and is beautiful.

In the meantime, since I'm still not allowed to start anything new, this UFO crawled out of the closet:

ducksfoot

I cut all the pieces in 2005 (or even longer ago??) made three blocks, and then put it away to marinate. The center squares are from Block Party Studios - they are all cut off center. Yet another one of those times when you get out a project that's been sitting for awhile and find yourself wondering, "What on earth was I thinking?!?"

No comments:

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users