Saturday, May 5, 2007

WIPs

OK, so I'm focused on finishing!! Finishing! Finishing WIPs into tops and tops into quilts. I've got to finish what I've started so that I can start more w/o feeling too guilty about it!

I leave for Phoenix tomorrow morning which means a week w/o a sewing machine, but I will make the most of it by doing hand work. This top has been basted and will go along for hand quilting:

Batik Cats

It was originally being saved for a special occaision, but I want to finish things, so I'm going to go ahead and finish it.

I'll also take along a few of these to work on:

convohearts

I started that project specifically to take to my last training conference in Atlanta, and it's a really fun one (the project not ATL, bleh). I've only worked on it a little since then, so if I get bored of hand quilting I can work on those. This is my third week-long training conferene away from home, and I'm always torn between being a complete hermit at these conferences and trying to be social. The social part seems to take an especially large amount of work in this particular setting...ppl come from all different backgrounds, have all different interests and budgets, and so on... It's easier to just put on your pjs and chill out with needle work and a movie, but then you start to feel kind of like a blob...

No comments:

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users