Monday, February 2, 2009

Conversation Hearts

More Hearts!

Remember what I was saying about my love for appliqued heart quilts? Well here is the second one I have made, although it is only a top at this point. I put the border on it last night, after much deliberation about what it should be. I had planned to make a lot more of these hearts for a throw sized quilt, but I decided it would be much cuter as a baby quilt. I think I was right. I quite like it this size. It's about 35"x40".

Close-up of Some Hearts

"Conversation Hearts" Quilt Top

I'm definitely not going to finish this right away. I think because of all the hand work it will have to wait for an extra special baby. I have been calling this project "Conversation Hearts" due to...the hearts being made out of conversational prints. I know, I know...how do I come up with these things??

100_3007

9 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What a great quilt! I totally love it! Those setting triangles are perfect.

Ritapizza said...

so cute! all those applique hearts must have taken forever! it's a very special quilt for sure!

Trisha said...

That is the cutest quilt! I love the fabrics you picked for the hearts!

Billie Greenwood said...

I love it! It will welcome a very special baby someday. It's adorable.

Debra Dixon said...

Super Quilt, Libby!

Nanette Merrill said...

really really cute! I love this idea of all different fabrics.

Michael5000 said...

I've never been much for appliqued hearts. They're so... I don't know... girly....

: )

Barbara C said...

This quilt is perfect for a baby. I love novelty prints, and this shows them off so nicely.

The Calico Cat said...

What a great quilt. I agree, those setting triangles are perfect.

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users