Monday, August 13, 2007

A Finish

gees2

Yea, it's done!

I posted earlier about my "anything goes" attitude towards putting this quilt together. All along I have called this my "Gee's Bend Study". I have been so entranced and inspired by the quilts of Gee's Bend and I was trying to replicated that "free form" feeling. I can't say whether or not my techniques/methods/lack-thereof are very similar to the quilters of Gee's Bend and I can't say whether any of them would even LIKE this, but I tried to replicate the attitude of just "putting them together the way I like" that I've read about. I DO like it. I kind of love it. I made it bed sized and I'm not actually sure if I could handle that much of it, however. But it is very cuddly and will have a useful life.

Anyway, I should get a close up picture of the quilting and post it. It's pretty hilarious.

While I had a few willing quilt holders available, I dragged out the three other quilts I've finished this year but hadn't yet photographed. Yes, that means I have finished four quilts this year. I realize that to most people that is not an impressive number, however to me it is HUGE! I think I finished four quilts total in the previous 4-5 years of quilting. I am a short attention span quilter - I always have zillions of projects going and never finish much. I'm working on it.

Anyway, I really want to share this one, which I posted "bed shots" of earlier but not the whole thing:

stars1

If you want to see the rest you should be able to click either of the about photos and then click through my "Quilts!" photo set on flickr.

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Libby, you definitely have style! I love it! Your Gees Bend quilt is just terrific -- very free, very fun.

Michael5000 said...

Quilty! It's fab! Fab fab fab fab fab! I loves it!

Rebel said...

Wow - you got all those colors to really work well together - good job. I like the star quilt best though.

Andrea said...

I love it too ! So scrappy and unique - well done you !

atet said...

It looks great Libby -- what a fun quilt! Your stars are fun too, thanks for sharing!

Samantha said...

oh, I love it! So free and fun!

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users