Now, really, you would think I would know better than to let this happen, but apparently not.
I was finishing this up right before the baby shower this morning and in the craziness I somehow let it leave my possession without getting more than one not-very-straight-or-well-lit picture of it. Pretty inexcusable for a blogger, right? Hopefully I can get some better ones once baby gets here.
It actually is fairly straight in real life, and more crinkly since this was before I washed it. But at least it's something to give you an idea of what I made.
I decided to machine sew the binding for the first time in my life and it was an enormously frustrating process, I didn't like how it looked, and the edges got distorted in some places due to my occasional total mangling of it. Sigh. However, that being said, I could actually conceive that with practice (maybe a lot of practice) I could achieve a machine sewn binding that would be acceptable to me.
I also used a medium loft batt so it is a little puffier than what I normally make, but I think that works well for baby. The last time I was at JoAnn's batting was 40% off and I bought a bunch of different batts that I've never tried before in the interest of experimentation. This is the first experiment. I also only quilted in the ditch, which adds to the puffiness. It will be nice and soft landing pad for tummy time and other adventures.