Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Going With The Flow

Improv Log Cabin

Remember this free-pieced project? And how I was trying to finish it or something? I decided I had "enough" units, I trimmed them to size, and then I started trying to come up with some kind of layout for them. Still working on that.

In the meantime I looked at the remaining scraps that I had set aside for that project and noticed that I had a lot of long strips of various widths left. A few seams later:

Improv Log Cabin In Progress
(This is actually before I sewed the blocks together, but it looks the same.)

I guess the best way to describe this block is improv log cabin. I tried to follow somewhat of a log cabin pattern, but obviously there's no real plan for the colors and the strips are all different widths. It's a little busy, but I really didn't want to sash the blocks. I think it works, though!

More

10 comments:

Trisha said...

I like it! The colors are pretty and it looks like it was a fun one to make. Doesn't look too busy to me.

jovaliquilts said...

It does work!
Love the first photo.

The Calico Cat said...

Nifty log cabin!

Debra Dixon said...

Yep, it does work!

heather said...

I like the colors

Jessica said...

it's perfect! (and it looks like something I would have made...)
love the colors.

Barbara C said...

These colors compliment each other and the effect is very serene. Great job.

Michael5000 said...

Works!

Gene Black said...

OOOh.. I like it. Your "free pieced" is far more organized than mine is.
I love the colors. You are a bright happy quilter too!
Thanks for sharing the joy.

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

Love the layout and the colors
are great. Good Job!

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users