Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Southern New Mexico State Fair

We got to go to the Southern New Mexico State Fair this last week. What a great time! I love fairs. There is a lot of great stuff to do at a fair, and I think fair food is only a small (if important) part of it. The fact that there will usually be quilts is a major bonus.

Apologies to the makers of these lovely creations - their information was not posted, so I have no way to give them credit.

These are my three favorites. If I had to choose one favorite, I guess it's this first one.
100_2341

100_2339

100_2340

These tumblers were the favorite of several people in the group. It's hard not to appreciate a classic scrap quilt like this.
100_2343

Not a quilt, but I enjoyed these displays of self portraits by school kids.
100_2347

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, very neat! I think the first one is my favorite, too. Lovely use of color.

Mary Johnson said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog - I love these quilts and the tumbler one is a favorite of mine although that star quilt is pretty impressive too.

I keep meaning to go to the MN State Fair but we've missed it both years we've lived here.

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for the little quilt show - those are all lovely!

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users