Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Preview

Just a quick and messy preview of the baby quilt:

img_0633 (baby quilt)

I could tell early on that this was going to be a quick and messy quilt. No time to spend agonizing over the design and no eye for it anyway - I just took the idea and went with it.

They don't want to know what they're having so I went with primaries/rainbow to be gender neutral. Gender neutral is hard for me. It's an alphabet quilt although it doesn't exactly "read" as such. I have an ABC focus print that I love and I cut up one panel to form the blocks. They have fun pictures as you can see the letters when you're a bit closer, but you kind of lose it from a distance. Oh well. Mom and baby can get close to it.

Here is a close up of one letter:

img_0636 (L for libster)

Next up: assemble, quilt, in the mail by Thanksgiving. Can she do it??

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Course you'll do it - get cracking woman - lol ! xxx

woolywoman said...

looks to me like you have an eye for design! Really cute print. Interesting quilt without being over the top liberated. I always worry with gift quilts that they should be somewhat conventional. Nice work!

Libby said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence, guys! I think I can, I think I can :)

@woolywoman, I know what you mean about keeping it conventional for gifts...trying to walk the line here.

Jessica said...

of course she can! that quilt will be well loved, don't worry.

Jim Kalmbach said...

I like it!

Michael5000 said...

She can do it. 's cute!

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users