Monday, May 26, 2008

Wrapped In Tradition

Last week or two weeks ago or something I saw a really cool exhibit at the local art museum. The exhibit was American Indian Trade Blankets from the collection of Dale Chihuly and glass works of his inspired by the blankets. The glass was not that exciting to me, but the blankets were gorgeous. The color combinations and patterns were really unusual and fascinating and gave me more than a few ideas for potential quilts. Sadly photography was not permitted, but I found an online slide show of selected blankets from the collection that you can check out here.

1 comment:

jovaliquilts said...

Those are wonderful! And they would make great quilts. One of them especially got me -- the mostly green, with lots of orange.

My Favorite Quilt Pics From Flickr Users